Cocamidopropyl Betaine Coco Betaine CAPB Natural Surfactant Liquid, 16 oz
Brand: H&B Oils Center Co.
- 100% Pure Cocamidopropyl Betaine Coco Natural Surfactant Liquid Premium Highest Purity
- Mild amphoteric surfactant derived from coconut oil, highly water soluble in wide pH range, pH: 5-6 (10% aqueous solution), 30% active substances
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a mild amphoteric surfactant offering excellent foaming capabilities, this slippery, thin, clear pale yellow liquid is one of the most popular surfactants used in today’s products
- Fully biodegradable, it has very little scent and acts as a secondary thickener in personal care cleansing products such as shampoos and body washes
- It can be used in a wide range of Personal Care applications including shampoos and skin cleansers. Add from 5 to 40% to the water phase of your product
Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, 100% Pure with NO additives.
Description: Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) is a mixture of closely related compounds derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine. CAPB is available as a viscous pale yellow solution and it is used as a surfactant in personal care products. The name reflects that the major part of the molecule, the lauric acid group, is derived from coconut oil. Cocamidopropyl Betaine to a significant degree has replaced Cocamide DEA.
Color: Clear – Pale yellow liquid, no or faint odor.
Common Uses: Cocamidopropyl Betaine is used as a foam booster in shampoos. It is a medium strength surfactant also used in bath products like hand soaps. It is also used in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic surfactants would cause. It also serves as an antistatic agent in hair conditioners, which most often does not irritate skin or mucous membranes. However, some studies indicate it is an allergen. It also has antiseptic properties, making it suitable for personal sanitary products. It is compatible with other cationic, anionic, and nonionic surfactants.
Recommended Storage: Store in a well ventilated, cool, dry area.
For external use only.
H&B Oils Center Co.