SZ Kokum Butter Refined, 2 lb. For DIY cosmetics.
- Natural, very hard (melting is required) fat obtained from nuts of kokum tree growing mostly in India. It is used by melting together with other butters and oils (olive, sunflower, sweet almond, apricot, avocado).
- Use as an addition in all your DIY cosmetics like body butter, lip balm or any skin and hair products. Very suitable for dry flaky skin (chapped lips, elbows, heels).
- May improve skin flexibility and elasticity. May enhance stability of certain emulsion systems due to its hardness.
- May prevent drying out of the skin and development of wrinkles. May reduce degeneration of skin cells
- Product comes in convinient re-usable, microwaveable and freezable container. Easy to use, easy to store.
Details: Have you met Kokum Butter? Garcinia Indica Seed Butter is a fat obtained from the seeds of Garcinia indica; the fruit of a tree grown in India. The seeds are sun dried to make kokum butter. The outer black shells of the seeds are peeled and the inner white colored seeds are chopped and ground into fine paste. Then they are cooked and dried to get the butter. The butter retains its solid shape at room temperature. After extraction butter further processed and refined to obtain a white butter which has a very mild specific odor, suitable for cosmetics and toiletries. People in India use kokum butter for generations in skin care products because of its ability to soften skin and they believe that high in vitamin E butter can heal ulcerations and fissures of lips, hands and soles of feet. Practitioners of ancient Ayurveda medicine use kokum butter to reduce deterioration and maintain elasticity of the skin, to treat sores, prevent infection and so on… Kokum Butter is one of the most stable and hardest vegetable butters known. The Butter is solid at room temperature, and does not melt on contact with the skin. It can be gently warmed up using water bath or microwave. This liquefied (warm, not hot!) butter is applied to cracked heels and dry skin, and it acts as a very effective moisturizer.